The Annerley Branch, formed in March 2001, is an energetic and progressive local branch of the (Queensland) Australian Labor Party, committed to making the ALP more democratic and more responsive to its membership.
We have a proud history of Party and community activism and many of our members participate in the wider labour movement.
- democratic socialism – the Branch strongly supports the democratic socialisation of industry, production, distribution and exchange, to the extent necessary to eliminate exploitation and other anti social features in these fields.
- economic justice – the Branch believes that economic policy must promote the well being of the community.
- equality – the Branch supports the concept of social and political equality.
- equity – the Branch encourages member participation from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures.
- social co-operation – the Branch seeks to work with others in the labour movement and the local community to promote our democratic socialist values.
- environmental sustainability – the Branch encourages and promotes awareness of environmental sustainability in relation to all decision making on social and economic development matters.
- intergenerational responsibility – the Branch believes that government decision making should encompass long term planning to ensure real social and economic benefit for future generations.
The Annerley Branch acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land upon which we live, organise and meet - the Jagera people and the Turrbal people.