The Annerley Branch has a long and proud record of community involvement and support for local organisations.
The Branch regularly organises a number of community based projects and operates a community benefit fund which provides financial assistance to local groups that share our social justice agenda. Some of our community activities have included:-
- Donating funds to the Queensland Women’s Legal Service, Annerley Literacy Centre, Annerley Community Centre, the Queensland Braille Writing Association, Micah Projects, Harmony Place, the Junction Park School P&C, the Romero Centre & the Sierra Leone Development Association,
- Holding a free BBQ for our local African communities and for residents of Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi & Thompson Estate,
- Organising our annual Christmas hamper for Micah Projects,
- Helping each year with Clean Up Australia Day activities in Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi, Thompson Estate & Moorooka,
- Holding a movie night to raise funds for the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service, Women’s House and Micah Projects,
- Assisting with tree planting in Tonks Street Park, Moorooka, and
- Organising our annual book drive, to donate books to the Annerley Community Bookshop, and sponsoring the Bookshop’s Australian political section.
For more information about our community-based projects and our community benefit fund, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR NEXT COMMUNITY ACTIVITY
Our next scheduled activity we will be Clean Up Australia Day in March 2018. For more details please e-mail email@example.com or call 0403 570 733.