The Annerley Branch has a long and proud record of community involvement and support for local organisations.
The Branch regularly organises a number of community based projects and operates a community benefit fund which provides much needed money to local groups that share our social justice agenda. Some of our community activities have included:-
- Donating funds to the Queensland Women’s Legal Service, Annerley Literacy Centre, Annerley Community Centre, the Queensland Braille Writing Association, Harmony Place, the Junction Park School P&C, the Romero Centre & the Sierra Leone Development Association,
- Holding a free BBQ for our local African communities and for the residents of Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi & Thompson Estate,
- Organising our annual Christmas hamper for Micah Projects,
- Helping each year with Clean Up Australia Day activities in Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi, Thompson Estate & Moorooka,
- Holding a movie night to raise funds for the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service, Women’s House and Micah Projects,
- Assisting with tree planting in Tonks Street Park, Moorooka, and
- Organising our annual book drive, to donate books to the Annerley Community Bookshop, and sponsoring the Bookshop’s Australian political section.
For more information about our community-based projects and our community benefit fund, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR NEXT COMMUNITY ACTIVITY
Our next scheduled activity we will be our Annual Book Drive in June 2017 to collect donations for the Annerley Community Bookshop. For more details please e-mail email@example.com or call 0403 570 733.