The Annerley Branch has an extensive record of community involvement and support for local organisations and issues.
Our Branch regularly organises a number of community based projects and operates a community benefit fund which provides financial assistance to local groups that share our social and economic justice agenda.
Some of our community activities have included:-
- Donating funds to Community Plus, the Queensland Women’s Legal Service, Annerley Literacy Centre, Annerley Community Centre, the Queensland Braille Writing Association, Micah Projects, Harmony Place, the Junction Park School P&C, the Romero Centre & the Sierra Leone Development Association,
- Hosting free community BBQ’s for local residents across Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi & Thompson Estate,
- Organising our annual Christmas hamper for Micah Projects,
- Co-ordinating local Clean Up Australia Day activities across Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi, Thompson Estate & Moorooka,
- Holding fundraising events to raise funds for the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service, Women’s House, Wendybird and Micah Projects, and
- In the past, organising an annual book drive to help the former Annerley Community Bookshop, and sponsoring the Bookshop’s Australian politics section.
For more information about our community-based projects please e-mail us at email@example.com
OUR NEXT COMMUNITY ACTIVITY
Our next scheduled community activity will be a fundraising appeal for our Community Benefit Fund. For more details please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
CATHERINE BERMINGHAM COMMUNITY BENEFIT FUND
Named after former Brisbane City Councillor, Catherine Bermingham (pictured), who served from 1997 to 2008, the community benefit fund exists to provide funds to local, non-profit community organisations that share our broad social and economic justice agenda.
Organisations are chosen by Annerley Branch members, with funds raised by a specially held event or a donations appeal. One of our most recent recipients was The Romero Centre, which received $1100.
For more information about the Fund and how your organisation could be a recipient, please email email@example.com.