The Annerley Branch has an extensive record of community involvement and support for local organisations.
Our Branch regularly organises a number of community based projects and operates a community benefit fund which provides financial assistance to local groups that share our social and economic justice agenda. Some of our community activities have included:-
- Donating funds to the Queensland Women’s Legal Service, Annerley Literacy Centre, Annerley Community Centre, the Queensland Braille Writing Association, Micah Projects, Harmony Place, the Junction Park School P&C, the Romero Centre & the Sierra Leone Development Association,
- Holding a free BBQ for local residents across Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi & Thompson Estate,
- Organising our annual Christmas hamper for Micah Projects,
- Helping each year with Clean Up Australia Day activities in Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi, Thompson Estate & Moorooka,
- Holding fundraising events to raise funds for the Refugee and Immigration Legal Service, Women’s House, Wendybird and Micah Projects, and
- In the past, organising a book drive to help the Annerley Community Bookshop, and sponsoring the Bookshop’s Australian politics section.
For more information about our community-based projects please e-mail us at email@example.com
OUR NEXT COMMUNITY ACTIVITY
Our next scheduled activity is our ‘People in Need’ donation appeal to help those who are socially and economically excluded in our community. For more details please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0403 570 733.
CATHERINE BERMINGHAM COMMUNITY BENEFIT FUND
Named after former Brisbane City Councillor, Catherine Bermingham (pictured), who served from 1997 to 2008, the community benefit fund exists to provide funds to local, non-profit community organisations that share our broad social and economic justice agenda. Organisations are chosen by Annerley Branch members, with funds raised by a specially held event. Our most recent recipient was The Romero Centre, which received $1100.
For more information about the Fund and how your organisation could be a recipient, please email email@example.com.