Annerley Labor has an extensive record of community involvement and support for local organisations and issues.
We regularly organise a number of community based projects and operate a community benefit fund which provides financial assistance to local organisations that share our social and economic justice agenda.
Some of our community activities have included:-
- Raising funds for Community Plus, Queensland Women’s Legal Service, Queensland Braille Writing Association, Micah Projects, Refugee & Immigration Legal Service, Women’s House, Harmony Place, Junction Park School P&C, Romero Centre & Sierra Leone Development Association,
- Hosting free community BBQ’s for local residents across Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi & Thompson Estate,
- Providing specific financial donations to local organisations that provide for people in need,
- Organising our annual Christmas hamper for Micah Projects,
- Co-ordinating local Clean Up Australia Day activities across Annerley, Fairfield, Tarragindi, Thompson Estate & Moorooka.
For more information about our community-based projects please e-mail us at email@example.com
Catherine Bermingham Community Benefit Fund
Named after former Brisbane City Councillor, Catherine Bermingham (pictured), who served from 1997 to 2008, the community benefit fund exists to provide funds to local, non-profit community organisations that share our social and economic justice agenda.
Organisations are chosen by Annerley Labor members, with funds raised by a specially held event or a donations appeal.
For more information about the Fund and how your organisation could be a recipient, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.