The Australian Labor Party has a proud record of implementing social and economic reform. Its strength comes from the tens of thousands of people in the labour movement and from a wide cross section of the community who work toward the common goal of making Australia a fairer place to live and work.
If you are someone who strongly identifies with the progressive side of Australian politics, that is, you believe in:-
- a socially and economically-just Australia,
- the values of equality, freedom and social co-operation,
- the advancement and protection of universal human rights,
- a more vibrant and meaningful democratic system of government, with an Australian as our Head of State,
- fairer working conditions for all,
- a more compassionate and inclusive society,
- a positive and active role for government that protects the interests of all citizens and provides quality and accessible education, health & community services for all,
- protecting our precious environment and the bio-diversity of our planet;
then its time to join the Australian Labor Party. To join simply click on the icon below!
Alternatively, you may wish to download a membership application form here and bring it with you to the next meeting of the Annerley Branch (details of our next meeting are at the top of the right hand-side column of this website).
If you require further information about the Australian Labor Party, please visit the ALP website at www.queenslandlabor.org