Recently, Federal Labor outlined our plan to fix the energy crisis and deliver more renewable energy and cheaper power for Australians.
Labor’s plan will be good for households, good for the economy and good for the environment.
It will mean cheaper power bills, more jobs and less pollution.
Scott Morrison supports privatising electricity assets and he opposes a 50% renewable energy target. The Liberals just aren’t up to leading our country in the right direction.
I am seriously concerned Australia’s inaction in this space in recent times means the world I leave my kids will be damaged beyond repair.
Labor’s preference, of course is for a bi-partisan energy and climate policy. That’s why the National Energy Guarantee should stay on the table. However, while we will work with the Liberals, we won’t wait for them.
Labor’s plan for more renewables and cheaper power includes:
• Investing in renewable energy – delivering 50% of power from renewables by 2030.
• Ending the power privatisation mess – stopping incentives to privatise electricity assets.
• Stopping overcharging by power companies – regulating prices and implementing gas export controls.
• Future proofing the energy network – with new interconnectors, pipelines and transmission links.
• Planning our transition to renewables – helping workers and communities as ageing coal plants reach the end of their technical life and are replaced with renewables.
You can find out more information about our plan for more renewables and cheaper power at www.makeourfuturerenewable.org.au.